Advocating for Worthy Causes
Children & Education
- Openly supported the School District of Lee County in its proposed half-cent sales tax to accommodate rapid growth (a predicted need for seven new schools in the next five years), accommodate maintenance and upgrades needed in aging facilities, and keep money in Lee County; his efforts include chairing the PAC that raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to educate voters on the half-cent sales tax and serving as the title sponsor for the inaugural Vote #BeHeard Concert in Cape Coral; voters ultimately passed the half-cent sales tax
- Donated $5 million to his alma mater, University of Massachusetts Lowell, for student scholarships and other initiatives, surpassing the university’s $125 million goal 18 months ahead of schedule
- Serves as the title sponsor for the Uncommon Friends Foundation’s “Reflections on the River” event, during which several local students are awarded scholarships and teachers are recognized for their impacts on local students.
- Led the Continuous Systemic Improvement Committee for Lee County Schools
- Has been heavily involved in Florida Gulf Coast University’s Entrepreneurial programs as a keynote speaker, mentor, etc.
- Hosts STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) students from various high schools throughout the region
- Donated $10,000, which in conjunction with WINK News’ medical debt initiative amounted to $1 million in medical debt being erased for Southwest Florida veterans.
- Since 2017, has raised nearly $200,000 with the Storm Smart team for Collier-Lee Honor Flight, which funded a plane filled with local veterans from Fort Myers to Washington, D.C. for a day of visiting memorials and events that honor their service
- Organized an in-house promotion at Storm Smart® that pledged $100 of every qualified purchase to Collier-Lee Honor Flight
- Created and launched an annual fundraising golf event at Coral Oaks Golf Course in Cape Coral, Florida called Tee-Off for Take-Off, to benefit Collier-Lee Honor Flight